RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently had the lower trim of my sport color coded and after doing extensive research on this forum decided to get the sensors painted with a thin coat of paint by the body shop. I am very pleased with the results but I don't think the shop reconnected the front sensors properly. I get an LDC display upon putting the car in gear telling me that the front sensors are off. I'm fully aware I could take it back to the shop to be fixed but is there an easy way I could just reconnect the sensors myself without removing the front bumper? Thanks in advance.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
I don't think it is possible to get to the connectors behind the front parking sensors without removing the bumper cover first, sorry.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's what I figured. I guess I'll be stopping by the body shop next week. I already called and he said he could take care of it no problem. It's just a little out of the way. Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So instead of bringing it back to the body shop and have him mess around with the sensors, I took a gamble and took it to the dealer and played dumb. They informed me one of the sensors was actually bad and that they would replace it but they would need to send it out to their body shop to have it painted for me first. I was shocked. Not only that, I had my air bag cover replaced as per TSB and I requested a black badge instead of green and they obliged. Needless to say, I was pretty satisfied with the service and also saved my original body shop a lot of frustration because he would have had no way of knowing the sensor was actually bad. Just thought I'd share.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts