RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Yesterday I became the very happy owner of a P38. Drives like a dream, but it has it's faults. Can someone recommend a OBD to USB interface and software, which I can use to read the error codes from a P38?

Does anyone know if it is normal that the Diagnostics lamp on the dash is lit for about 10 seconds after the ignition comes on? The engine is rolling when in idle. The seller suggested that the fuel pump may need to be replaced. It has no effects on the engine when driving.

·
Banned
3,952 Posts
Any generic code reader will read and reset engine codes, if you want anything else, you'll need a dedicated P38 bit of kit such as the Nanocom.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
There's a whole diagnostics forum on here where the different types are discussed. If you need to get down and dirty then you'll need something more than generic OBD stuff.
I've used a Bearmach Hawkeye handheld which did almost everything except give me the accurate info I needed for Lambdas on my GEMS. Sold it and moved to a BBS Nano which I'm happy with for everything I've thrown at it.
EASUnlock v4 is laptop based- it costs though but says it covers most things. Being US produced not sure how deep it goes on oil burners though. They don't have them there.
Many opinions as to which is the best diagnostics on here. The cheapy ones- you get what you pay for!
Edit- you beat me again Gilbertd :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
You can buy cheaper from Blackbox Solutions direct from their website. Dont know if Denmark pays VAT. I know you have your own currency.
The Faultmate has a simpler interface than the Nano and is VIN locked (your car only). The Nano covers any vehicle with that engine type.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
We do pay VAT, but thanks. Will order an FCR so I can start diagnosing :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts