RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all I am new to this forum and I'm already having problem with my Range Rover Vogue 2004 4.4L V8 Petrol (LPG Converted) I want to be detailed as much as I can So when I got the car two weeks ago, the car was mint, no knocking noises at all. The most quiet car I've ever had. Started up smooth. Drove it good then a week later, My car overheated. The engine had no oil in (When I purchased it, the oil was low but was going to service it myself, didn't get time doing it) Then I topped it up and it was fine. Then 2 days later my LPG hose bursted after turning off the engine, Leaked it all, I got the garage to reattach it all and it was all good. I then serviced the RR myself by just adding a new oil filter I purchased from Halfords. The oil filter didn't click onto the plastic cap of the oil filter so I just inserted it. The car ran fine and now, the car has STOP ENGINE, LOW OIL PRESSURE coming on and had to call the AA. The car starts but the revs just drop and now I'm doomed. I hear a very loud noise. This is a clip I found on youtube which sounds exactly like my car. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wK1qwgdFtkY&t=1s This is the AA Report Visual checks found oil level higher than normal. Patrol found the following fault code/s: System : Engine control - 34B / Motronic ME 7.233 - Camshaft control (Bank 1). Error Message : Faulty.141 - Electrical fan. Error Message : Short to ground ..140 - Characteristic thermostat. Error Message : Short to B+.62 - Combustion failure, multiple cylinders. Error Message : detected.50 - Combustion failure cylinder 1. Error Message : detected.52 - Combustion failure cylinder 4. Error Message : detected.55 - Combustion failure cylinder 3. Error Message : detected.57 - Combustion failure cylinder 2. Error Message : detected.51 - Combustion failure cylinder 5. Error Message : detected.123 - Coolant temperature sensor. Error Message : Signal too high.210 - Knock sensor 1 .. Error Message : Signal too high.212 - Knock sensor 3. Error Message : Signal too high.53 - Combustion failure cylinder 8. Error Message : detected.54 - Combustion failure cylinder 6. Error Message : detected.56 - Combustion failure cylinder 7. Error Message : detected.114 - Camshaft sensor 2. Error Message : Signal faulty.Attempted to start vehicle and found engine to start and run rough with load rattling noise from engine. Member advised vehicle had had coolant hose pipe failure recently and low oil. Suspect faulty oil pump. Advise fault investigated further at garage and engine is not to be started. I did take it to a garage and the guy says its need a new timing belt but I think its something else. I don't want to end up spending £££ on it and its not even the issue. I want to start off by sorting the little bits first then if that dosen't solve it, sell the car off or get the timing chain done. Any sugestions or help I will appreciate it. PS: I live in Nottingham Thanks

1 - 1 of 1 Posts