RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just going to post and be posting what my my p38 looked like when i bought it and what i have done/will be doing.
Thanks for viewing, hope you like.

Turner

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
painted front and rear bumper and grille etc. also threw my lights on and did a full undercoating. i have the terrafirma shocks for the 2 inch lift blocks that i am still waiting on from the fabricators so that is the next step. performance upgrades ive done are just k&n, magnaflow custom single 2.5 inch exhaust that i dumped just before rear bumper. snorkel is on its way. the tf159 snorkel to be exact. i also tinted the windows, 2.5% on back sides and rear, and 20% on front 2. i think thats it. i will post if i forgot something and of course will post when anything new happens.

Thanks,
Turner

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
I look forward to seeing the TF159 snorkel installed, I've had my eye on that one for a while.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I look forward to seeing the TF159 snorkel installed, I've had my eye on that one for a while.
I am curious about these snorkels. Isn't the water going to be over your spark plugs before it gets to the air intake? Do they provide some other benefit I'm not aware of?

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am curious about these snorkels. Isn't the water going to be over your spark plugs before it gets to the air intake? Do they provide some other benefit I'm not aware of?
That's what dielectric grease is for...

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
as a matter of water, it will help. reason being, the factory intake sucks from the front area where water hits first in a crossing situation. yes, if you sit in a pool with it, lots of electronics will be soaked and the grease will help with that. so for moving crossings it will help. other advantages are that it keeps the air intake away from dry ground too. this means that you do not suck up NEAR as much dust and particles and therefore giving your air filter more life. it is also a huge ram air intake, so going at speed, air will be forced into the intake and the engine will not have to work as hard. the snorkel will be here thursday, so i will keep yall posted. also if you want to buy one, go to lr direct. mine was 190$ including the shipping from uk. instead of the $280 that they are off ebay. https://www.lrdirect.com/TF159-supplied-by-ALLMAKES-branded-TERRAFIRMA.html

·
Registered
95 Posts
as a matter of water, it will help. reason being, the factory intake sucks from the front area where water hits first in a crossing situation. yes, if you sit in a pool with it, lots of electronics will be soaked and the grease will help with that. so for moving crossings it will help. other advantages are that it keeps the air intake away from dry ground too. this means that you do not suck up NEAR as much dust and particles and therefore giving your air filter more life. it is also a huge ram air intake, so going at speed, air will be forced into the intake and the engine will not have to work as hard. the snorkel will be here thursday, so i will keep yall posted. also if you want to buy one, go to lr direct. mine was 190$ including the shipping from uk. instead of the $280 that they are off ebay. https://www.lrdirect.com/TF159-supplied-by-ALLMAKES-branded-TERRAFIRMA.html
LR Direct is the best, I order most OE and Terrafirma stuff from there.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
snorkel came early. install was not too bad. getting to factory air box to meet up and seal with the snorkel inlet is the hardest part.

Attachments

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice build TexasRange, I look forward to seeing your continued progress. Just out of curiosity, what change have you experienced from the K&N intake, and what made you elect to run a single flow exhaust? I imagine it sounds great, but have you had any increased back pressure issues? Did you start it the cats back? I'm planning to ditch my 50+lbs of mufflers, and go with something smaller, for a little more sound, and less metal underneath.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
only a slight change with the k&n. it causes me no issues with the maf though. as far as back pressure, there is none. the muffler i use is a 30 inch magnaflow glasspack. i highly recommend it. unless you can't handle hearing your engine all the time. in my opinion, when you remove the three mufflers, and also get rid of the t section where the pipe used to split by the spare tire, a 2.5 single has way less restriction. since the exhaust is already going through 2.5 inch single at a certain point on the stock exhaust, running it like that out the back makes no difference, especially with a straight through muffler. from what i can tell the dual exhaust was purely aesthetic.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
the biggest increase in performance i have done is by far the snorkel. i have a HUGE hill going into my neighborhood so i can always notice any slight difference in performance. the snorkel made a huge difference going up the hill.

·
Registered
6 Posts
How did the brush guard line up with the snorkel? I've got the same stuff, but haven't installed the snorkel yet. there's not much out there in the way of instructions or a template so I'm guessing you made it yourself. Tt looks great. Love the look of the KO2s, I also have them on mine, but I have the HD coil conversion. Question for you about the Terrafirma shocks. I'm guessing you are using the +2 pro shocks. Will they not fit unless the vehicle is lifted more?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
first i measured and was able to get 2 holes drilled without a template. then made a cardboard template on the snorkel and marked the rest of the holes on the fender and drilled them. worked out fine. just take your time. in order to connect the snorkel to the air box, i used a black flexible 3inch to 4 inch pvc plumbing coupling. i did not end up using the one piece they give you to fit on the inside of the fender to the snorkel. just snorkel to air box with the coupling. i also deleted the silencer boxes on the intake tube. get the automotive clear silicon for connecting the upper and lower parts of the snorkel. the sides of the brush guard will need to be removed. i just left the middle as a bull bar and light mount. let me see if i can find a picture of the finished product. i do not have the shocks installed yet because i do not have the lift done. i think the fabricators lost my number or something i need to go by there and make sure they are getting the lift blocks done. im sure you can install them without a lift, bu they will get damaged over time. since your hd springs sit 1.5 inches above normal ride height, im sure you could run them full time no problem.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Where in Texas are you? I'm in Texas. Your Rover looks great! How did you wire up the roof rack lights by the way? I have a similar idea in mind and am in need of some help with regards to wiring.

edit: Just saw Austin! I'm near!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Where in Texas are you? I'm in Texas. Your Rover looks great! How did you wire up the roof rack lights by the way? I have a similar idea in mind and am in need of some help with regards to wiring.

edit: Just saw Austin! I'm near!
cool man! yeah austin. i did the lights by running the wires from under the hood up under the plastic sides of the windsheild and then buried underneath the plastic trim that runs underneath the side rails of the roof rack. then to cross over, i went down and under the top of the rear hatch. ill see if i can get some pictures up so you can see. if im going to be down there soon i will let you know and if you will be up here let me know! we ought to go out to hidden falls in Marble Falls sometime man it is a huge off road park. i also have 1800 acres in Zephyr

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
ok here are some photos so you guys can see the snorkel without the guard sides. also, here is how i wired the lights. under the hood, i took a 20 amp hot line from a spare fuse, one load wire for the lights on top, and another load wire for the bar in front. then ran the three lines across the back of the bay beneath the weather stripping, the down and through a hole i made in the firewall. there is a piece of foam the shape of a diamond that you can remove on the drivers side to drill the hole through the metal and then put the foam back when done to keep good sound deadening. i ran the two switches inside on the drivers side panel on the side of the stereo/hvac controls (see pic). the lights that are flush mount on the bumper, i simply wired into the existing fog lamp wiring.

Attachments

·
Registered
190 Posts
Yeah Marble Falls is great. Been there one time with my old Disco. I'll let you know if I'm ever in Austin or am planning on getting some offroad time. Thanks for giving me the details on your wiring for your lights.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts