RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody, new to the forum here and looking for a bit of advice please. I finally yanked my tired and tapping 4.2 out of my 95 LWB today, and monday morning will be taking it to my local trusted engine builder for a complete rebuild. Having done tons of research around the forums, my plan at the moment is to go with an upgraded cam (crower or similar) with lifters to match, and swap the injectors to ford 4.6 units. This of course in addition to a full rebuild. Will my stock computer know what to do with these upgrades, or does it need to somehow be re-tuned? Also, what years/models of Ford injectors work best? There are tons of Ford 4.6's out there in vans, trucks, mustangs, etc.... Any other thoughts/comments welcome, as I am still gathering ideas here. Of course, what the engine builder thinks is best is always important also! I am certainly not trying to build a race engine here, just looking for a little more grunt to get the old turd moving down the road. Thanks in advance!

Chad

·
Registered
280 Posts
Good choice by using Ford components...I'm still looking for the Ford engine swap adapter plates:thumb:. If I remember correctly the injector signal from ECU is loosely based on ohms. That might be an issue if the Ford's operate at a different level than the OEM Rover ones. Pretty sure the ECU will need to be tweeked for the cam duration too...been a quile since I've tinkered with EFI...

·
Registered
345 Posts
check with D&D Engineering web search keyword is aluminum v8 for high performance products and info . very helpful on the phone with tons of experience .

·
Registered
280 Posts
Yup, I'm an idiot when it comes to EFI...I had forgotten that the injectors were Ford...the last EFi I tinkered with was a speed density system. It didn't end well, there's a reason for the rev limiter chip in a 6AL box.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the link to D&D, i will be calling them today for sure!! Almost wish I had shipped my motor to them for rebuild... Although I like to keep my money local. The guy rebuilding my motor has been in business 30+ years with a great reputation, he just doesn't have much experience with range rover electronics. Likely by choice, I would imagine!! Ha!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts