RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, left sideview mirror shows object/car behind me as near. Right sideview mirror shows object/car farther than the left one.The in-cabin rearview almost mimics the distance as the left sideview mirror. What gives, what's what and what's real?

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
huh? No year in your signature and no location in your profile. Are you saying you received a convex mirror on your driver's side or are not grasping the concept of a convex mirror at all?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Woops, sorry! I'll add that now.It's the Velar 2018 and in Toronto, Canada. And I'm not saying anything about the mirrors other than if that's how it should be - and more importantly, asking which mirror has the accurate distance aka "I believe this car is as far as this mirror tells me so"

·
Administrator
27,821 Posts
Ahhh your driver's mirror is a standard mirror. The passenger mirror is convex so a wider area can be displayed for your blind spot. So things in the passenger mirror appear farther away.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gotcha! Thanks I see it now....
Ahhh your driver's mirror is a standard mirror. The passenger mirror is convex so a wider area can be displayed for your blind spot. So things in the passenger mirror appear farther away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts