RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, somebody stole my rearview mirror and I think I know why. A new one from the dealer cost me $450! Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to install it. Anyone have tips or suggestions on how to install a rearview mirror on a 2006 Range Rover HSE? It appears that if I pressed hard enough it would simply snap into place. But that isn't working. Your help will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
I don't know if there is a special technique, but it does look like it just pushes on, granted yours is a 2006 but the mirror procedure is probably the same.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Classic
1 Posts
If your rear view mirror pops off from the metal bracket there is a simple way to attach the mirror back to the receiver metal bracket. take the back rotating portion of the mirror stem that is attached to the mirror and turn it to the far left. Place this against the metal housing/receiver that is still fixed to the windshield. You will see that the back arm to the mirror is running horizontal and not vertical. Turn the arm/mirror house counter clockwise until it locks into place. No need to push with excessive force or you will bust the glass on your windshield. You just need to line the mirror/arm up with the metal receiver on the windshield and turn. It may take a few tries to line it up but remember to line it up sideways and turn down to lock into place.

Just when you think it's never going to go back on, you will get it!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts