RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my 1992 Range Rover when we turn on the rear wiper it stays on an intermittant basis and I cannot figure out how to turn it off. If I spray the rear window, then it wil wipe and remain off, but not if I turn it on w/o the spray. it is annoying as we constantly hit this switch with our legs or hand. I have turned off the truck before to reset the wiper motor so it does not remain on in dry conditoins... not that this this is very often in Seattle. Could there be a switch issue or motor issue? relay? anyone else have this problem? thank you.

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,113 Posts
1 pull on the switch lever rearward should start the wiper moving two strokes every several seconds. One more pull on the switch rearward and the wiper should stroke once then shut off. That's how mine works.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ahhh, so maybe it is turning off and I am impatient when I see it go again. I'll have to play with it. I am usually quite distracted while driving and messing with it that I am certain that i am overthinking it. Kinda like my mom's old Jag, the same lever starts and stops every action, so if you are impatient and keep hitting it you never know if it is on or off. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,113 Posts
Yeah, me too. I owned the vehicle for a while before I got that crazy assed switch figured out...
One other thing, toggling the switch to shut down only seems to work when executed with the wiper at rest. :roll:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts