RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe I am being dumb here but I have checked the handbook and the fuse box cover but none seem to say where the fuse for the rear wiper is. Anyone?

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
67 Posts
Hi,

What Year?

Assuming, always a bad thing to do :D its a 91 MY, it should be Fuse C3, its a Red 10A one.

Cheers

·
Registered
67 Posts
Should still be C3, does the Heated Rear Screen Relay and Mirror Heaters.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
journeyman said:
Should still be C3, does the Heated Rear Screen Relay and Mirror Heaters.
According to the handbook that is an engine fuse "Perol. Ignition coil"

C5 is the front W/W and B6 is the headlight Wash (also non functional)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Right thats it, its going on the fire! Bl**dy Land Rover W/Shop Manuals, it supposed to cover upto 94! :lol:

Sorry, I did say assuming its a 91 MY, I checked my 93 LSE this morning and as you say its C5, but thats for the fronts, have you checked the obvious, the switches aren't very good and get worse with age, have you tried checking the continuity of the switch, it'll involve taking the underside of the dash off and steering cowling off to get to the white plug thats cable tied to the steering column and it gives you more to work with.

Did you say in another post that you're interior lights aren't working either as there's a feed for the Timer Unit (Pink/Green wire) from the interior light circuit, the purpose of the timer is to wipe the rear window 3 times after the wash wipe has been pressed, if so, seems a bit of a coincidence .

There's 2 fuses involved in the Rear Wash/Wipe, E3 seems to supply the feed to the switch, I don't know whether this is an in-line fuse or not, but it should be a White wire with a Light Green tracer from the white connector that the wiper switch plugs into, the other fuse is B5, which powers the Park Switch in the wiper motor, but I cant see that having anything to do with it.

I'm stripping mine down this weekend (weather permitting) to have look at why my heated seat switch doesn't illuminate, so I'll have a look and post.

And I thought it was only Italians cars that had bad auto electrics.

Good luck, let me know how you get on.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Sorry, I did say assuming its a 91 MY, I checked my 93 LSE this morning and as you say its C5, but thats for the fronts, have you checked the obvious, the switches aren't very good and get worse with age, have you tried checking the continuity of the switch, it'll involve taking the underside of the dash off and steering cowling off to get to the white plug thats cable tied to the steering column and it gives you more to work with.
I already have this off and have checked the fuses I found. 2 alarm (one was blown) and four others which are all good. I haven't yet checked the switch though.

Did you say in another post that you're interior lights aren't working either as there's a feed for the Timer Unit (Pink/Green wire) from the interior light circuit, the purpose of the timer is to wipe the rear window 3 times after the wash wipe has been pressed, if so, seems a bit of a coincidence .
You remember correct. I also think the two are related but finding out where the problem is is the problem if you follow me.

There's 2 fuses involved in the Rear Wash/Wipe, E3 seems to supply the feed to the switch, I don't know whether this is an in-line fuse or not, but it should be a White wire with a Light Green tracer from the white connector that the wiper switch plugs into, the other fuse is B5, which powers the Park Switch in the wiper motor, but I cant see that having anything to do with it.
I will try and trace the wires from the switch but as I said above the fuses I have found are all good so far. I am fairly certain it is a fuse as there is no relay noise when the swith is operated (BTW it was working when I picked it up . Changing the back hatch seems to have caused the problem)

And I thought it was only Italians cars that had bad auto electrics.
I have owned and still love Alfa's (is this the definition of masochism?) their electrics were never this much fun. :lol:

Thanks for the help so far.

:pray:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts