RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so it is pouring down rain here today. while using the rear screen wiper, the **** thing stops mid stride! it acts as if it wants to continue the motion but cant. when i pulled into the office, i walked back and pushed the wiper back up to its store position - there was very little resistance. wtf?

·
Premium Member
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
4,635 Posts
Maybe the wiper has come away from the splines on the spindle. Just tighten the nut again.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it makes the motion to move, but seems inhibited for some reason. i will look at the connection. :x

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ka177ran said:
dude said:
it makes the motion to move, but seems inhibited for some reason. i will look at the connection. :x
Just don't give up and remove the wiper completely :doh:

well, i should be able to fix this very minor, but a pain in my ass, mechnical failure. its just thata it failed during a HUGE rain storm going down the highway. 3" in one hour!

i saw it stop and i was......... :naughty:

·
Premium Member
1,702 Posts
dude said:
well, i should be able to fix this very minor, but a pain in my ass, mechnical failure. its just thata it failed during a HUGE rain storm going down the highway. 3" in one hour!

i saw it stop and i was......... :naughty:
Dude - You need to chill out a bit. If your gonna get stressed when things stop working, you might aswell sell it and buy something else.

If there is one thing you can rely on with P38's, that is they will consistently let you down :shhh:

I know, I know, I'm gonna stop preaching to the choir now :doh:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ok I had this problem 2 years ago and only got round to fixing it two months ago.

I read all the reports of becm faults and thought it was that. How wrong I was.

Read the repair manual and remove the wiper motor you will be surprise to find it is seized. I completely strip mine and cleaned it out and freed up the wiper arm shaft and low and behold it works fine now.

It takes minutes to remove the motor

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok I had this problem 2 years ago and only got round to fixing it two months ago.

I read all the reports of becm faults and thought it was that. How wrong I was.

Read the repair manual and remove the wiper motor you will be surprise to find it is seized. I completely strip mine and cleaned it out and freed up the wiper arm shaft and low and behold it works fine now.

It takes minutes to remove the motor
Hi, just want to report that I’ve had success following the info and spirit here. My rear wiper stopped mid way. I completely stripped and cleaned it and freed the wiper shaft which was the one seized, although all looked good and clean on first sight. Now it works smooth and quiet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts