RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
300 Posts
The rear most fixed windows on the side? You don't get them in the USA, you get them from the UK. They recently started making them (Britpart I believe) expensive, ~$350 a set. I purchased a set about a 18 months ago and (unlike some other aftermarket rubber parts) this is actually good quality.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The rear most fixed windows on the side? You don't get them in the USA, you get them from the UK. They recently started making them (Britpart I believe) expensive, ~$350 a set. I purchased a set about a 18 months ago and (unlike some other aftermarket rubber parts) this is actually good quality.
Perfect, thanks!

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
63 Posts
I ordered some recently to replace the leaking seals on one of my 95s. I haven't gotten the time to swap them out yet, but will need to do it soon since we are starting the rainy season in northern California.

I found a pretty good how to video on the procedure on YouTube. It may be useful before you tackle the job.

·
Registered
5 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
I finally got around to installing the replacement seals over the last two days. It was fairly time consuming and needs two people when removing the window and fitting it back in, but I'm glad I didn't pay the labor for someone else to do it. The second window was definitely faster than the first since I had my technique down and didn't have to stop to check any steps in the video that time.

The foam under the passenger side D-pillar cover seems to hold water and was wetter than I expected it to be. Has anyone replaced it with something else or just removed it completely?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Beyond what is covered in the video there are a some items I did or would try differently next time.

1. I used a suction cup holder to give something to more easily maneuver the window and hang onto when getting it in and out.

2. I was worried about the rope breaking or not moving the rubber far enough and ended up with a thicker rope than I would use if I did it again. The rope in the groove will keep the window from going all the way in until you pull it out and get the inner rubber flange over the metal flange on the body. A thinner one would allow you to seat it more closely before pulling and probably make it easier.

3. When removing the d pillar vinyl covers I was paranoid about dropping the washers and losing them somewhere inaccessible so I pulled them with a magnet. After removing the cover it was obvious that they wouldn’t get lost if I just dropped them. Getting them back on when reinstalling is a pain either way.

4. The bottom corners are the hardest part when installing. I started on the outside pushing the window in while my son pulled the rope. That worked great for the straight sections, but we quickly learned that you need the stronger person on the inside to pull the corners.

5. I used plastic trim removal tools for all the prying. There is enough force involved that I’m surprised I didn’t break any of them but I would never want a metal screwdriver that close to the painted parts on my truck.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts