RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before I get my head bitten off I tried the search function and didn’t get anything, I have noticed that the exterior rear view mirrors on my P38 vibrate quite a bit when I drive say over 50km/h is there anything you can adjust to fix them and stabilize them more?

·
Registered
453 Posts
Are they loose?
Is anything else vibrating?
Can you feel the vibration?

If they are not loose i would check bushes etc to find why the rig is vibrating

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Everything els is smooth the mirrors are also firmly attached to the car so im not sure what the problem is

·
Registered
128 Posts
JeremyD said:
Before I get my head bitten off I tried the search function and didn’t get anything, I have noticed that the exterior rear view mirrors on my P38 vibrate quite a bit when I drive say over 50km/h is there anything you can adjust to fix them and stabilize them more?
Mine vibrate too, juat the glass, but I have to be going 80mph+. I think its a back draft thing.

SID.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,755 Posts
It's very possible that your mirror adaptor plates have lost a mounting tooth on the glass side. This causes all sorts of vibration as they are not secure. It's also possible that the motor side of the mounting plate has come loose.

·
Registered
494 Posts
toad you are a tree of knowledge. i too suffer from wiggly glass on one of the rear views at highway speed, which in nj varies from 5mph to 125mph.
mine kicks in when i climb into the 60's...

·
Premium Member
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3,622 Posts
My driver's side wiggles. Passenger side is tight...which is funny since I hit another parked car's mirror with it while doing about 40. I thought a bomb went off when that happened.

·
Registered
43 Posts
dutchfrompredator said:
toad you are a tree of knowledge. i too suffer from wiggly glass on one of the rear views at highway speed, which in nj varies from 5mph to 125mph.
125mph??!! my 01 can no longer go for more than 105mph / 170 kmh :( :crybaby2:

it looks like a common problem, I have it too. on the one on my righthand side only

·
Registered
494 Posts
mohddeeb said:
dutchfrompredator said:
125mph??!! my 01 can no longer go for more than 105mph / 170 kmh :( :crybaby2:

it looks like a common problem, I have it too. on the one on my righthand side only
i was just making fun of driving in nj on the highways. it's mayhem. i seriously doubt i'd be able to hit 125 either. i really don't like to take her above 90 unless i'm on some seriously flat road with good visibility. there's just too many things on the road in my state and they're all trying their hardest to hit you as it is.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts