RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I'm looking to convert to LPG by using a doughnut in the spare wheel space, I dont want to leave the wheel loose in the boot or at the moment fit a roof rack to carrier it there. Has anyone fitted a rear carrier to carry the spare, I'm struggling to find one in the UK but have found one at www.rockrover.com in Austrailia which carry the wheel,jerry can and highlift jack. I dont mind importing one but does anyone know of a UK supplier?

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
42 Posts
Rockrover isn't producing anymore. No idea why but I reached out a couple of months back & Alan told me he was done fabricating for P38s. I'm likely going to go with https://www.wilcooffroad.com/shop/hitchgate-solo/ if I can't find a local shop to fabricate me a bumper. These also hold their value pretty well so unlike a permanent mod, you'll likely be able to recapture 50% of so of your $$ down the road.

·
Super Moderator
2,316 Posts
The problem with the Wilco one is that it will only fit on a square section US style tow hitch not a UK two bolt or OE detachable one. I've always left the spare in the boot, outer side down so I can use it to store smaller bits inside it.

·
Registered
165 Posts
There is a 'curt 31006 spre tire carrier mount' on fleabay that fits in a square tow hitch (not sure of the size but looks pretty standard). They're about 90USD or 120AUD plus delivery of around 170AUD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts