RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
703 Posts
Head lamps look fine.

Tail lamps though... uhg-lee!

/:(

Looks like those cheap, aftermarket tail lamps you buy at Pep Boys for a Chevy Suburban.

·
Registered
217 Posts
yeah, don't like the accent on the tail lights. When I get my 2013 Rangie I'm gonna request that the dealer provide me with a can of body colour matched spray paint so I can colour in the weird bit on the tail light! Or if I get a black one I'll just use duct tape.

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
385 Posts
yeah, don't like the accent on the tail lights. When I get my 2013 Rangie I'm gonna request that the dealer provide me with a can of body colour matched spray paint so I can colour in the weird bit on the tail light! Or if I get a black one I'll just use duct tape.
They probably have the function of sidelight for the US market(Canada?), as the new light do not wrap around as the old one.
Not sure if you can legally cover them up.

·
Registered
217 Posts
They probably have the function of sidelight for the US market(Canada?), as the new light do not wrap around as the old one.
Not sure if you can legally cover them up.
Don't think so - what would be the purpose of having turn signal lights on the rear side of a vehicle? They have to be visible to drivers behind you so the blinkers will be on the main tail light assembly. The "accent" is just pointless in my opinion - makes the RR look less European purebred and more Asian kitch.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
560 Posts
Flydive, is referring to the side marker lights required in the US. By the looks of the winged lights, the side marker lights will be housed on the wing part.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I want to like this but cant. It seems to have lost some character. In Australia Ford have a SUV called the Territory. Its design language is very similar to what we see here with the mark4 rangie. Although it still looks like a rangie its lost some of its destinction and i find myself wishing the camo was still in place.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
977 Posts
I want to like this but cant. It seems to have lost some character. In Australia Ford have a SUV called the Territory. Its design language is very similar to what we see here with the mark4 rangie. Although it still looks like a rangie its lost some of its destinction and i find myself wishing the camo was still in place.
Maybe the currently hidden exterior door designs will bring you back??

1 - 12 of 12 Posts