RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any quickie troubleshooting tips? i'm talking about the controls on the rear doors near the window switch. my kids plug in their own set of headphones so i don't have to endure the cars soundtrack yet again. none of the controls work (on the rear driver's side) and no sound coming into headphones. i made sure the headphones work.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
I forgot if you have the rear seat entertainment system in your car phil... If so, have you possibly overridden the volume control from the front supervisor screen?

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no RSE here

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Bummer. Well, first check the connectors to the audio amplifier under the passenger seat to make sure they are all securely plugged into the amp. Failing that... Don't know. :( One of the sockets under the headphones control panel on that door may be loose.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
kinda hoping for the lose connectors on the control panel door. continuing my luck with doors, a huge chunk of flying rock took a dive towards that same door. a few dings and some gashes as well as a few minor chips off the color coded door handles. same door already had a paint chip so i ended up filing an insurance claim to get it fixed. hopefully it gets automagically fixed as they remove & reinstall the doors.

·
Registered
748 Posts
swap the units from left to right. if that doesnt work then its the amp. seen it a few times as well. needs to replaced by the dealer and repgrmed.

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
FYI for those who might have this problem, tried swapping the units from one side to the other. still broken. indy shop didn't have another amp to swap out so ended up taking it to the dealer. turns out it was fixed by a software upgrade.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts