RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My spoiler has separated from the plastic underneath and have tried without success two part epoxy and also bondo under clamps to hold it together. Does anyone have any product(s) that they can recommend for a permanent fix .... one wild haired one I found was PVC pipe glue to solvent weld it back together.

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
517 Posts
I have not found anything PVC glue will bond other than PVC. I used some sort of plastic glue to repair my tail light lens. not sure what glue it was just that it said it will glue plastic. Super glue will work as well but will discolor the plastic.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I have tried superglue and two part epoxy with it being clamped overnight but nothing seems to work for me, after driving it for a little the vibrations and going over potholes always brakes the adhesive apart on top of that, didn’t discolored the paint however I accidentally scratched it and now paint is just peeling off, you can get an autobiography spoiler from powerfuluk for about 250 dollars and have it painted, I think it’s cheaper than getting used oem

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
27,819 Posts
I've not known anyone that has repaired one. Unfortunately that is the price for going through car washes. The spoilers get beat up which leads them falling apart on the freeway or flying off completely.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I repaired my daughter’s with Black Gasket Sealer and it seems to have worked. I haven’t seen it lately as she is at college but she hasn’t said it broke again.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To clarify it's not broken just the top fiberglass wing and the bottom plastic are separated in one corner creating a 1/4 gap around the curve that is very noticeable. An other forum said JB Weld for plastics and the product Auto Body shops use is $30 tube plus a $60 applicator gun. Trying to find something that works well and stays glued over time ...

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
22 Posts
I would try Sikaflex 212. Sticks to just about anything on a car. Squeeze some in, tape it down into position, clean up any excess and leave it over night. Its super sticky so clean up using WD40 or a solvent. Maybe even tape off around the repair first. I have bonded fibreglass to a powder coated chassis with this. Make sure everything is clean and grease free before using anything of course.

Cheers
Stot

·
Registered
48 Posts
My daughter’s completely separated. The top and bottom became 2 pieces. I went to Walmart and bought black gasket adhesive then used painters tape to hold them together while it set. Like I said before it’s still holding that I know of. She’ll be home tonight and I’ll see for sure.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts