RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone ever replaced a rear door speaker grille in an RRS?

I had a little incident with a box sliding across the rear floor and bashing through the speaker grille. It's great for foot room that there's no driveshaft tunnel sticking up, but I can't stand putting stuff in floor...it slides around like crazy.

The dealer says the speaker grille can only be replaced by replacing the whole speaker. I expected them to say the whole door panel had to be replaced...but the speaker isn't very cheap either.

There has to be a source somewhere for a replacement. What are the good LR salvage yards...and are there even many wrecked Sports out there? If they would even sell just the speaker grille...

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
480 Posts
check with your insurance company: sounds like a comprehensive coverage loss.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I am in the same boat as the OP, dealer says entire door panel needs replaced in order to repair the grille(2010 RRS). Anyone have any luck just replacing the grill, or am I stuck replacing the whole panel?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
FYI...I ended up finding all of the pieces inside the door panel and then meticulously gluing them into place in the broken grille.... It was a pain, but a lot better than $1500 for a door panel and it actually looked pretty good afterward.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Reviving an old thread, still have not gotten my damaged grill repaired. I have been able to find used rear door panels but the ones I have found have different color stitching on the arm rest/door pull. Can this portion of the panel be swapped out with the rest from my current door panel? Dealer is unsure, looks like it can be removed.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Did you ever find one? I am finding I have to replace the door panel - or at least buy the door panel. And I have a weird edition that is Onyx -- almost black. I am having luck finding black and tan door panel though ~ 150-200$

·
Registered
55 Posts
If you guys do use glue first, don't use super glue. The chemicals produced when "gassing out" turns plastic white. Try clear epoxy from inside the speaker grille

1 - 9 of 9 Posts