Range Rovers Forum banner

Rear shock absorbers to L322

19K views 17 replies 14 participants last post by  blainerides 
#1 ·
Hi, after inspecting my rear suspension I found oil leaking out of the rear shock absorber, No good.
So I need new shock absorbers.
I´ve been browsing the web for this parts but with no luck.

I´d be pleaced if someone could help me to find the shock absorbers.

(I´ve found some OEM but they are expensive)

#2 ·
You won't find any non OEM shocks for the L322. I looked hard and ended up having to swallow at the stealers... 300 bucks each :(

I saved on the labour though and did it myself - the hardest part is jacking up the vehicle...

They are Billstein shocks - I even went direct to Billstein and they didn't have anything!

#7 ·
buy them from England they will cost less get the Bilstiens they are better shocks, cutting crners on suspension part will effect ride quality.
I have replaced all 4 shocks on my truck at 62Kmiles my RR bilstien was blown about 250.00 each from the dealer if you ask for best price in Colorado

#14 ·
Monroe d4004

Here in Siberia costs 60$

I know 5 Range Rover on Monroe for 2 years without any problems.

Don't rush for replacing the shocks. It's normal to find some oil there after cold winter times. I have same situation on my rear shock absorbers but they are still working. After this winter I will replace them with Monroe shocks.

#15 ·
My Life. You do have a way with words that brings a smile to my face. I thought the P38 had oil filled shocks but the L322's were gas filled. Could someone in the know please confirm this. It does make sense that there is a touch of oil in there to keep things lubed and quiet and keep the seals working.

Reactions: mylife1903
#16 ·
How do you access the upper bolts? I’ve searched online & all I see are videos/tutorials on how to remove the air bags, not the shocks themselves. Do you go in through the boot/trunk? 2007 L322 Supercharged.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.