RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wrapping up a very extensive, year-long process to fix all the rust and paint the floor of my 92 RRC. In the process of putting the interior back together and specifically the rear seats. I broke a few of the floor mounting (10mm) bolts off during the removal of the seats and now I am in need of replacements. I have tried every traditional size I can find at the hardware store and nothing will fit the threads in the truck. I have cleaned the threads of the old bolts and cannot find corresponding threads at the hardware store either.
What am I missing here? Did LR invent a new thread pitch for these bolts? They appear to be slightly tapered but that shouldn't affect the main bolt thread pitch.

Anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Surely someone has had to get a replacement bolt for their seats at some point. I'm going crazy here trying to find one, I might even have to call the LR dealer.

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
I've never had an issue finding metric bolts at NAPA. You do know there are fine thread and course thread in metric just as there is in SAE. NAPA usually stocks both in their loose bins. I'm sure any decent old fashioned hardware store will have drawers or bins with both.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If anyone is wondering, or stumbles across this thread one day, I got some M6 1.0 thread bolts in a 25mm length that work beautifully.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover Classic
1,413 Posts
ace hardware carries a very comprehensive variety of threads which are used in LR, most of these bolts can be purchased up to grade 8.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts