RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all! Probably a dumb question - nevertheless. The rear seat of my P38, like all other.s have "lock down" latches at the seat backs in raised position, and latches at the base of the seats to the vehicle floor. There is the button push down mechanism to unlock the seat back - but what about the seat base. I have observed that the base hook latch systems are not working - not fixing the base of the seats, so that we are relying purely on the seat back mechanisms. Used WD-40 to try and free up the bottom latches - but no success. Made me then question how the latches are "opened" when the locking mechanisms are functioning properly. Thanks and cheers - in aniticipatin

·
Administrator
27,803 Posts
When you fold the back of the seat forward the bottom latches release by movement of the latch arm. I've only seen one seat fail to release and the latch was jambed. Due to being jambed it would not fold all the way forward. If your seats are folding all the way forward and back with no movement of the latch arms then something in the latch arm assembly has failed. Seems mighty odd that both sides would fail though.

·
Registered
253 Posts
i had this happen to one of our P38's i cant remember what i did, but fiddled around cycling the mechanism actuator while rotating the locking cam with a screwdriver acting as the striker and freed it up. never had a problem with it since. didn't take anything apart just some fiddling and freed it up.

sorry i cant be more help than that

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
89 Posts
This same issue happened to me, I pulled off the side cover and was able to push the latch down. I'll see if I can shoot some pictures.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts