Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear all,

I'm about to receive my Range Rover Sport TDV8 tomorrow. It's a 2010 model (immatriculate in may 2010), 110 000 kms.

It has many options and the Rear Seat Entertainement (original one from Land Rover).

My seller (Land Rover) tels me that there is no remote control for this year and that the control of the rear screens is only from the buttons located under the window of each rear seat.

Can you please confirm me that there is no remote control for this year of model (i precise that it is a french model, maybe usefull to precise) ? I think that the last owner lost the remote but Land Rover dealer told me that is normal so they do not want to give me a new remote (the IR one).

Thank you for your answers and sorry for my bad english, hope that you'll understand my request.

Raphaël.

Cheers.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts
A remote control is always provided with the factory RSE. You can't control almost anything with the button on the rear door, and the only way to navigate the system without a remote would be through the front monitor, which a rear passenger can't reach of course. Your dealer needs to supply a remote. If they insist no remote is supplied, tell them to look at the Owner's Manual and order one for you. ;-)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much for your answer, I did not think about the fact that a rear passenger cannot reach the navigation center to change DVD. I'll try to tell this to the dealer to get a brand new remote ;)

By the way, do you know if the cable for the Ipod Connection was part of the package or has to be bought after (I have the connector but I think that the cable is missin too).

Thank you so much for your answers §
Best

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Many Thanks !

The RRS was delivered WITH the remote, I tried to manage iti but it doesn't work when the control of RSE is activated on the main control panel (nav system).

For the cabvle, i'll buy one that can fit and work with the Iphone 5 (not the same connecting as the 4's).

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,015 Posts
That's normal, the RSE remote control is automatically disabled while the "supervisor" control screen is active on the front monitor. This is designed for parents, so they can control the output and volume of the RSE from the front seats even if kids in the back (unruly, I presume... :D) have possession of the remote.

The iPod/iPhone interface cable is only available with the old 30-pin connector. If you want it to work with the newer iPhones and iPods (with the Lightning connector), you can purchase an adapter from Apple, such as this one: http://store.apple.com/us/product/M...pin-adapter?afid=p219|GOUS&cid=AOS-US-KWG-PLA - several forum members have reported that setup works just fine with iPhone 5 and newer.

Congratulations, post some photos of your new Sport!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.