RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2010 RRS + Rear Seat Entertainment.

Previously, I had a 2008 RRS + Rear Seat Entertainment - so I know how to use the system very well.

But I have a frustrating issue with my 2010. If I play a DVD with a "menu" feature (as most DVD's have) - I cannot play the disc once it gets to the menu IF THE VEHICLE IS NOT IN PARK.

In other words, while driving, I cannot play a DVD past the disc's own menu screen!

Pressing the "PLAY" button does nothing.

In fact, even when parked, pressing the PLAY button will not play the disc, rather I have to go to TOOLS then press ENTER.

But while driving, the TOOLS feature is greyed out.

This is very frustrating and makes the DVD option basically useless (especially since the point of me getting it was to play DVD's for the kids while on long trips).

Anyone can help?

Has there been a TSB on this?

Thoughts?

Thanks team.

·
Registered
2010-2012 Range Rover MkIII / L322
670 Posts
eh, team?.

I see that the sales training workshop had the desired effect on you, and I'm sure everyone at the forum appreciates you practicing on us before you roll out all that motivational kung fu on the sales floor.

Put me on coach.

·
Registered
670 Posts
Obviously the DVD issue is buggin' you.

No worries, it was meant in good fun. I saw that your post was getting no attention and wondered why.

Figured I could do a bit of a jumpstart on it. `)

Enjoy your day.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
I have the RSES in my 06, unfortunately I am no help as I got the Nav-TV hack installed almost from the beginning so I don't know for sure how the system would behave without it... However, I seem to remember that, aside from the complete lack of playback image (on MY06s playback on the front monitor was not possible, even while parked!) none of the navigation buttons available under the DVD menu of the touchscreen would gray out when the car was in motion. They must have changed interface for the worse on MY2010s, and I can see how that would be frustrating since I have young kids sitting back there as well on long road trips. The remote is no use from the front seat(s) either, as it is highly directional and needs to be pointed straight at either rear headrest monitors to operate. There are no current TSBs addressing this issue on MY2010s, sorry. Hopefully someone else with a 2010 and RSE can chime in with their experience to make sure it is not just an issue with your system.

·
Registered
160 Posts
Domoic said:
Are you always this much of an ass or just on this forum?
No man ,Rafa is a good fellow ,he was just trying to be funny :wink:
I hope you get a solution for your problem very soon ,I wish I could help .

·
Registered
670 Posts
Thanks Shrek, :thumb:

See Domoic, I even got umbertob to chime in.
Now the wheels of the forum are moving and in no time, voila, somebody will help ya.

my work here is done.

·
Registered
670 Posts
On another note, consider yourself lucky i din't take you a thru a step by step DIY to solve your problem.
For starters you'd have to buy a dichroic distensiometer, and those are hard to find and even if you come across one on eBay, calibration alone will drive insane.
BASF, bunch of impostors.

All in good fun here.

Rafa

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
I dusted off and re-read the manual of my 2006 RSE system tonight. I'm afraid your 2010 system may be working as intended by Land Rover North America (the in-motion menus lockouts are in place only on the NA market, in countries abroad you can fully control the DVD from the front monitor while rolling, even though image playback also blanks when the car moves, of course. That's illegal anywhere...) Unless my car was parked, the "Tools" section of the DVD interface, which as you pointed out contains the soft buttons required to navigate and play a DVD menu - would become inaccessible on my 2006 as well, were it not for the Nav-TV hack I got installed when I purchased the car. Hopefully I am wrong about the new DVD interface, but after all LRNA hasn't removed any of the idiotic sat nav in-motion restrictions on the 2010s here in North America, so chances of them easing similar restrictions on new cars equipped with Rear Seat Entertainment are probably slim. :evil:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Umbertob,

I aprreciate your efforts.

Your answer is logical.

However, my 2008 Rear Seat DVD did not behave this way? Why would they change it?

If so, I wish i knew this BEFORE paying for a $2,500 unusable option.

Thanks

D

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
3 Posts
Ever get this issue resolved? Having the exact same problem w my 2010 and curious what your fix was.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts