Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi we have a 2014 L494
When turning right only there is a noise / cog lime rumble coming from what sounds like the rear diff.

Brand new diff installed after many checks and no still not cured.

tried everything apart from the drive
shafts

has anyone else had this issue, it’s very rare and is not the usual T BOX oil issues either

Thanks

·
Registered
694 Posts
Sounds like a rear differential "gear" problem... Who installed the new rear differential? Was it a "re-build"? Because if gears aren't "Lashed" and timed 100% correctly it's a problem that will escalate. I hope I am wrong!

Can you get a Go-Pro cam or other kind of sound of this sound going on???

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We have installed the rear diff all to land rover specifications ref workshop manual of course , and it has been a genuine land rover re manufactured certified part.

we have tried it without the exhaust on, all heat shields off, rear diff motor disconnected (free to move) swapped over rear discs and pads, changed a slightly dry rear left wheel bearing (genuine part)
for a new one,

swapped wheels over on the same axle, all to no luck.

on a sharp right it sounds like a scraping catching noise that is the same speed as the wheel turning but no traction or ABS lights come on either which i find odd.

We have purchased a genuine driveshaft that arrives in the next few days to try so i will update shortly on findings. it could be the d shaft yoke nuckle has a crack in it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts