RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Recently when trailering my 2 ton yacht I noticed considerable problems with the trailer swaying and feeling very unstable, as if the centre of gravity was too far forward. The RR is generally an excellent tow vehicle and handles the boat well.
Initially I put it down to rear shocks that appeared to have softened but when installing them I found the bush on the RH radius arm to have failed. I’m hoping this is the cause of my problem.
I’m having the Devil’s own job in removing the bolt that mounts the arm to the body. The bolt will rotate but I can’t get the nut to remove from the bolt even with considerable persuasion. I don’t really want to grind the nut off and destroy the bolt if I can avoid it.
Questions!
is there anything I should be aware of in this repair?
Is this a common problem
Am I missing something?
Any advice or suggestions greatly appreciated
regards
al

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
257 Posts
Usually best practice to replace bolts with bushes as the bolts wear, so old bolt new bush will still have some play.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi all,
I have just managed to get the seized nut off the radius arm bolt. I’m staggered by how difficult it was. Even with many applications of oxy acetylene up to cherry red had the nut fight me the entire way.
Strangely the opposite side undid without any problem whatsoever.
I have ordered replacement bushes so I’ll be keen to get my Rangey back on the road.
regards
al

·
Registered
42 Posts
Hi @all, does antoine know where to find ANR3313 bolt, the one this thread is about. Or can it be swapped with any otter M12x110 mm 10.9 grade bolts? They are obsolete from LR.
regards
Kurt

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Reactions: Dtoyne

·
Registered
144 Posts
KCR on the other forum had this to say when I was doing mine:

ANR3313 is a flanged head bolt, M12x120mm 10.9 grade. Nothing custom or proprietary.
I found a new substitute within VW suspension bolts, just the self-locking nut has to bought, too, VW uses a different thread from LR. Happy finding, they are from FeBi Bilstein just a few cents ;-)
If You are into new nuts & bolts, like me when doing repair at the suspension and brakes, it might be worth having a short google search.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts