RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My powered center console in my 2019 Range Rover LWB Autobiography is down but won't raise. The powered cupholder will still open and close, but trying from the button in the rear center armrest, the touch screen up front or the button in the rear will not raise it. This started when I was attempting to lower the rear seats from the buttons in the trunk area. The passenger rear seat would lower but the driver's side seat wouldn't. Then I pushed the top button and the center console/armrest lowered but then it would no longer raise.

Anyone have any suggestions beyond having to take in my one-month old 2019 Range Rover to the dealer? Man I love the looks of this car inside and out and the drive is great, but the reliability and speed of the tech absolutely blows.

I was hoping there was a factor reset or some type of technique to maybe get the powered armrest to raise and then I could try to figure out why the driver's side rear sets won't lower.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I’ve had this issue on mine. Try lowering and relatching the seat backs. If they aren’t secured properly, it will immobilize the armrest.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. I would try this but the driver's side rear seat won't lower as well. Any suggestions on how to get the seat to lower? I don't seem to hear anything when I push the button in the rear.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Open the ski hatch and reseat it. I’ve had that open and it disables all seat movement.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Open the ski hatch and reseat it. I’ve had that open and it disables all seat movement.
Dude! You rock! That was it! The center console rear wall was unlocked. Took a couple of tries to get it locked again but once I did, it went right back up. Thank you!!! If you lived in KS I would buy you a beer. :) I see you are in CA and I grew up in the OC and venture out there with the family for a week or so every summer. Thanks again!

·
Registered
270 Posts
Glad I could help! Nobody has the fancy ATB seats so there’s not much help out there. I was as frustrated as you until I figured that out.

Cheers!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad I could help! Nobody has the fancy ATB seats so there’s not much help out there. I was as frustrated as you until I figured that out.

Cheers!
Now if you just had a way to permanently disable the auto start/stop feature. I hate having to remember to hit the button every time I start the car. I hate when the motor turns off and the ac lowers and then there is a slight delay accelerating. So annoying!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Now if you just had a way to permanently disable the auto start/stop feature. I hate having to remember to hit the button every time I start the car. I hate when the motor turns off and the ac lowers and then there is a slight delay accelerating. So annoying!
The only way to do that is to get a VelocityAP tune and have them program it to disable to start/stop feature.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I know its not a fix for a/s but if you get in the habit moving the steering wheel slightly or varying the brake pedal pressure the auto stop wont kick in. Any input will trigger a A/S bypass.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi

Have the same problem. Center console stuck in down position - Tried to open and close the ski hatch again and again. Not able to raise the Center console. Any other suggestions?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I found the solution to this problem was very similar to the solution someone posted online for one of the Jaguar SUVs. Until a year or two ago there was an adjunct special function battery in the cargo area and on earlier models I think it might have even been under the hood next to the main battery, but they've replaced it with what must be a capacitor. Several manufacturers implementing EcoBoost emissions management make reference to these modules in their technical literature and claim they bridge the stall time more comfortably by providing more current -- probably to keep the air conditioner running. It still sucks ass though, at least where I drive. Why it's called a power quality module or energy quality module I definitely don't see because I agree with you it destroys the quality of the driving experience--particularly in heavy Texas summertime rush hour stop-and-go >100° traffic.

However, several people I've talked to (and 2 of those have range rovers) have told me I should give it a shot, that they find it saves them some money on fuel and that it just takes a little getting used to. I traded in a 2010 Sport Lux for this 2019 ABswb and I'm not sure I shouldn't have gotten another sport, but it's a hatchback now. I couldn't believe my eyes when they opened that thing and showed me that. Where I load the vehicle almost doesn't work for me without the split tailgate, because I'd have to open the garage and pull forward and maybe I just don't want to do that in my drawers, you know? LOL Also, the back seat is way too nice for nobody ever to sit back there and nobody ever does.

Anyway, if you call me I can walk you through it if you can't tell well enough from my underexposed photos of a black interior taken in a dark garage (apologies, I did what I could do just having a hunch they would come in useful) it's just removing a single 3 conductor wire connector from the unit which is behind the cargo area sidewall just ahead of the rear wheel well (behind the rear passenger side seat for a North American left hand drive unit).

The service department manager told me they're not allowed to use their software and incidentally they do have a new software package that just came out I think called Pathfinder but they're not allowed to modify or defeat anything that is emissions-related on customer request, so it's possible they can do it but I think it would also be possible that an over the air update could unexpectedly re-enable it. Anyway, he took a look at the photos and listened to my explanation and told me it sounded and looked as if I did the correct thing to accomplish defeating that functionality, so it's not exactly an endorsement but it's an off-the-record approval IMHO, and it's a hardware solution you'll keep control of that doesn't affect your warranty. I haven't ordered the diagnostic device to put Pathfinder on but I'm thinking about playing with it some. There are a lot of different types of devices it will run on and of course the functionality can be limited by the device you choose so that's why I'm a little undecided.

I joined this site just to respond to your question because I had so much difficulty finding information on the 2018 / 19 l405 with regard to this specific modification. I don't know if this site's rules prohibit anything I've shared with you from being in my posted reply though I'm sure I'm about to find out if so.

Apologies in advance if I stepped on anyone's toes. Just trying to help and hoping my own common sense is good enough to carry me through doing so without deserving a scolding. I see it on some of these sites like crazy and for sure that's why I never signed up on any of them before. So, good luck doing this, man. I hope some of the information I shared helps you with it, and if you need to call me my number is 713-487-7648.

I would be interested to know how it works out for you and if you could get him a key to pay attention you could get him to do this thing so don't be intimidated or anything it's pretty easy but you're going to need a flashlight. And might not be a bad idea to not have any metal on your wrist or fingers as you do it. The jumpers are pretty serious and I think that might even be able to serve as an unintended connection point from which to jump or booster start the vehicle. Good luck with it.
Best regards, Bobby g

Attachments

·
Registered
4 Posts
Here are a couple of images of the EcoBoost indicator when the vehicle is stopped and would normally go into auto stop. I almost didn't notice the icon light up the first time I test drove it to see if I had Frankensteined this thing correctly or not. When you still have to disable this nuisance on a factory unmodified vehicle after every ignition cycle it seems like I remember there's an icon that reminds you on the vehicle settings screen. Not so after you disconnect the "power quality" module and disable EcoBoost Auto start-stop functionality. It The functionality doesn't present to Panasonic pro touch dildo vehicle management as available, so slo-mo duo consequently doesn't expose that system's unsupervised menu control to the driver. I like that because it prevents it from looking like a malfunction to anyone who might try to re-enable it and think it's not responding, at least to my way of observing it.
t

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
About this Discussion
13 Replies
7 Participants
HilmarTomas
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing