RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,

I just had the alternator and radiator both replaced two weeks ago for the low low price of $2,300... Ouch!

Now the passenger side rear suspension is creaking and making all sorts of weird noises when it goes up and down. Am I on the brink of replacing the air suspension? That could be quite the endeavor if so...

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
2,484 Posts
KuduRover said:
Hey Guys,

I just had the alternator and radiator both replaced two weeks ago for the low low price of $2,300... Ouch!

Now the passenger side rear suspension is creaking and making all sorts of weird noises when it goes up and down. Am I on the brink of replacing the air suspension? That could be quite the endeavor if so...

Thanks,

Mike
Probably a bushing or something... Mine started doing it as soon as hot weather hit, I just zapped all the rear suspension joints with grease and it went away. Probably need to replace a bushing, but the grease has kept it silent for over a month now.

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
42 Posts
Same problem I had a couple months back. Dealer replaced both rear upper and lower control arm bushings. Squeaking and knocking gone.

mb.

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,369 Posts
I also have the same creaking/squeaking problem with my rear suspension. On their website this independent near me quotes £375 to change all four, which doesn't sound bad :

http://www.kmotors.co.uk/index.php/range-rover-l322

Rear Suspension Hub Bushes

A common problem on the Range Rover L322 is perished rear hub bushes. These are the bushes that connect the hubs to the wishbones and the usual symptoms are clonking noises from the rear suspension when driving over bumps. The bushes are quite difficult to replace, requiring LR special tools and a fair amount of elbow grease.

Top and Bottom Rear Suspension Hub Bushes, LH and RH - Fitted Price £375 inc. VAT

I was reading on another forum, though, that it can sometimes be the rear shocks causing the noise :? .

Phil

1 - 4 of 4 Posts