RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, my rear passenger side seat back rest locks up at 45degrees when I try to lock it back into seating position. Never had this issue with my previous 3 P38's.

Can anyone help? I can fold it up all the way and have it seating up right behind the passenger side seat but when fold it back down and then try to lift up the back rest portion it locks up at 45 degrees....please help as I can only fit 3 people in my RR right now. :oops:

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
2,064 Posts
Re: Rear passenger side seat back rest locks up at 45degrees HEL

The seat is not latching on to the bar underneath the seat, once you solve that issue you'll be good. Tilt it forward and clean and lubricate the locking latch that hit's the lock bar and see if that gets it..Good luck

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Thank you Scotty for the advice. I will give it a shot!

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Worked like a charm. I bought some lithium grease took apart the little plastic cover with 3 screws next to the seat belt connection. Sprayed some grease, took a little manual moving of the little latch back and forth for the grease to settle in and finally it started to move on its own when tilting the back rest back and forth.

Thank you Scotty! If you never replied I would have never known or thought of a latch that was locking up. :clap:

Made my evening and it only took about 15 minutes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts