RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I didn’t like the tinny sound of the resonator delete and so I had my muffler guy do a custom pipe from the resonators back. I’ll post a photo in a reply.

Here’s a sound clip..if anyone has specific questions let me know.

It’s a little louder than a 392 Scat Pack Challenger, and about the same as a stock Gallardo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reactions: gsolo9559

·
Registered
2016-2018 Range Rover Sport
298 Posts
Sounds great!
How is the drone on idle? Is there any?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Drone on idle...? No..

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
50 Posts
Sounds great! It's got a nice bark.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Would love yo know as well. Any cold start videos ?

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It’s fairly loud. I’ll post some cold starts and cruising tomorrow.

It’s loud enough to scare our Maltipom going under bridges hah.

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
10 Posts
^^^ That IS loud! That would vibrate the house for sure. So BEASTLY! I love it. But my wife and neighbors would not approve. Thank you very much for showing us this. I appreciate it.

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Yeah it is. I probably won't do it on my new RR. The fiance will be getting a 3.0 RRS and I'll be getting a 5.0 FFRR.. it wouldn't be right on either. My neighbour was video taping me leaving my property one day and I slowed it down after that. It gets quite loud above 3,500RPM and half throttle.

It's chaos when I have it in the garage and the door closed...and I do that if it is at night/early morning due to said neighbours.

·
Registered
10 Posts

Yeah it is. I probably won't do it on my new RR. The fiance will be getting a 3.0 RRS and I'll be getting a 5.0 FFRR.. it wouldn't be right on either. My neighbour was video taping me leaving my property one day and I slowed it down after that. It gets quite loud above 3,500RPM and half throttle.

It's chaos when I have it in the garage and the door closed...and I do that if it is at night/early morning due to said neighbours.
Well it sure sounds **** good. I just got the 2020 sport P525 and I dig it so far. But we do wish it was a smidge louder. I might try sport cats.

Thank you for sharing all this and answering questions.

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I heard sport cats can cause some issues.. may want to get just the cat back?

But I suppose talking to Stuart would be best bet. Removing the cats could cause issues with the Land Rover warranty.

Congrats on the purchase!

I just looked at this 2020 Autobiography Sport

And this 2016 Autobiography

And decided I’d like another L405..we bought this Sport for my fiancé after a failed attempt at owning an X5 and I kind of just stole it after I sold my 2017 L405.

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I just bought a 2014 sport 3.0L and I want to delete the muffler. But my concern is after I straight pipe, does the check engine light come on as the car doesn’t get enough oxygen (sensors)? Reason being, I’ve done this before with my dodge and the check engine light did come on after the muffler was deleted

·
Registered
287 Posts
So I just bought a 2014 sport 3.0L and I want to delete the muffler. But my concern is after I straight pipe, does the check engine light come on as the car doesn’t get enough oxygen (sensors)? Reason being, I’ve done this before with my dodge and the check engine light did come on after the muffler was deleted
No you won’t have any CELs (check engine lights) especially with an axle back system.
I went cat back quicksilver with mine. Just Aggressive but no CELs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts