RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Group,

Has anyone a part number for he foam finisher filters that adorn the vents on either side of the rear glass wiper motor? Would a filter or generic foam of the proper sort suffice? I was reading a nice article and figured I would check mine. I looked at them the wrong way and they crumbled to bits.

https://www.britpart.com/lro-workshop/how-to/range-rover/range-rover-p38/

Extra credit to someone who can describe how the vent system works and the reason for such. Seems to improve circulation and aid the A/C system. Interesting.

Ps, the nipples on either side of my finishing panel broke as well.

Thanks as always,

Joe

·
LEGACY VENDOR
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
4,225 Posts
The part number is:
AWR2014, and there are 2x of them as you know - one either side.... described as 'Tailgate Hinge Baffle'

I don't see why some sort of foam wouldn't suffice in their place.

I believe it's there so that stale air from in the vehicle has a place to be exhausted. With the system running and drawing air in from the front of the vehicle, thru the pollen filters, then heated/cooled into the cabin - I presume the vents are there to help expel the air from the vehicle (especially when moving) to keep fresh air circulating.

That's my best guess anyway!

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks as always Marty. Your the man. I found some foam I had and it sufficed fine. Used a blow gun and gave the vents a good cleaning while in there...

Great explanation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts