RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I asked someone last year how they were able to manually get the lift gate glass open, when the glass wont open. Unfortunately I got no reply.

My lower gate opens fine, but my upper glass wont open. Can someone help with how to get the glass open? I remember something about cutting a small hole in the lower plastic trim on the inside to manually open the glass, but I cant find that post. I would prefer not to take it to the dealer for this.

09 Range Rover Sport HSE non super charged.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey. I had the same problem. I was able to use a flat head screw driver and pry out the switch. There is a male female plug in. It is only a two wire. I had a broken wire at the plastic plug. I simply cut the plug out and wired each end directly. Lift glass works fine now.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi and thanks for the reply. I had given up hope on resolving this issue and havnt used the rear glass since before my original post.

Do you have any pics of what you are speaking of? I’ll be honest, I don’t know what switch you are speaking of, or the switches location.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
About this Discussion
2 Replies
2 Participants
ImAMaster
RangeRovers.net Forum
We’re a community forum to discuss and assist on issues with every Range Rover model. Sign up if you have a question, answer or to meet like minded individuals
Full Forum Listing