RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else have the problem of the rear tailgate latch freezing in cold weather?
Couldn't open it all, one day last week.
Any recomendations guys?

·
LEGACY VENDOR
2,064 Posts
it happened to me two days ago, just turned on the heater and by the time I got to work it was fine.

scotty

·
Administrator
27,794 Posts
We get these posts each winter. :? To keep it from happening you need to pull the carpet card off the tailgagte and lube up the actuator rods and latches. Same with our door locks, door latches and handle pulls. If things are already frozen up find an underground parking garage for a day or buy a buddy a 6 pack to use his garage. Scotty's trick worked for me the first time mine froze up, but things weren't nearly as cold as they are right now.

·
Registered
1,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Appreciated guys. Will pull the panel tomorrow and grease it up. It's not often we get freezing temps down here, but it bit me the other day and couldn't put my kit in the back :thumb:

·
Registered
494 Posts
i got a really nice jar of mobil 1 synthetic all-purpose auto grease at autozone and have never looked back. the latches, door straps, and sunroof hinges/rails absolutely love it. holds up nicely in winter. i don't even use a gun. i just smear a coat on when needed with my fingertip and i'm good for like 6 mos. on all of them. i've also been known to give the door handles a light spritz of wd40 to keep them smooth when they like to snag at that last 1/8". then they close all the way on their own.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts