Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1970-1995 Range Rover Classic
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I want to remove the rubber mounts where the lamp guards used to reside on a 89 RRC. I am going for a cleaner factory fresh look with the restoration. I am able to turn the 8mm bolts, but they feel as if they're just spinning without loosening. Looked at back side in cargo area and didn't see any thing protruding to get a purchase on. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
38 Posts
I'm pretty sure you can access the back side of those by removing the tail light housing. From the side lenses remove the middle screw top and bottom, from the back lenses, remove the two inboard screws top and bottom. Then the whole housing will come off.

What do you plan to do with them once you have them removed? I would really be interested if the price is right as mine doesn't have them.The mesh guards also if you have still have them.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! If I can remove them, I'll be happy to make you a good deal. I think I have a decent set of lamp guards too. I am going to be out of town about one week, then I'll check. Please remind me.

·
Registered
181 Posts
The 92 I just bought has a rubber wedge in front of the taillights. Is that what we're talking about? Were these standard or an add-on? The 90 lamp guards were pinched between the body and the lense to mount and had no rubber.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.