RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks,

Anyone have the stock option (or Voyager Racks) rear ladder for the 1998-2002 Range Rover P38As? I'd like to ask a few questions and gets some close up photos. Want to build one for my RR.

Thanks in advance,
Pulaski

·
Registered
332 Posts
I do. Voyager one. I’m away for work but if you send me a list of questions I’ll help you

·
Registered
184 Posts
I have the stock Safety Devices one with the matching roof rack. Let me know what you need.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Update

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
959 Posts
I can't really imagine climbing up on a ladder attached to the hatch. It just doesn't seem sturdy enough to me (I'm larger than average person). If you are going to an off-road bumper/swing out spare, I would go something like this:

where the load is taken by the bumper. Or build a ladder that is loose and hooks onto the rack and sits on the tailgate. Then strap to the rack when done, maybe to attached below the rack floor so it doesn't get buried under your load. For me, I just stand on the tail gate and load it up. Easy to step from the door jamb to the rear tire to the tail gate to secure everything.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't really imagine climbing up on a ladder attached to the hatch. It just doesn't seem sturdy enough to me (I'm larger than average person). If you are going to an off-road bumper/swing out spare, I would go something like this:
View attachment 283710
where the load is taken by the bumper. Or build a ladder that is loose and hooks onto the rack and sits on the tailgate. Then strap to the rack when done, maybe to attached below the rack floor so it doesn't get buried under your load. For me, I just stand on the tail gate and load it up. Easy to step from the door jamb to the rear tire to the tail gate to secure everything.
Yeah, I'm leaning towards this option.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Yeah. I’m 190lbs and as long as the rear gate and hatch are closed it seems fine. But I’m not sure UK engineering planned for heavy users. However I mostly stand on the rear gate if the weather is nice. With the Snow I just go slow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts