RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Does anyone have a recommendation for two rear iPad 2 / 3 mounts ?

I'm buying a 2011 / 12 Autobiography 4.4 TDV8 in the UK and have decided against factory RSE because my kids didn't like the one we tested - the screens were too small and the fixed viewing angle didn't suit the smallest. I also didn't fancy unpacking the boot to get to the DVD changer on longer journeys !

I'd prefer a finish close to factory - ideally integrated like the Ultimate Edition - and will get a UK professional to install it / discretely hide wiring.

I'm also thinking about getting an Apple TV unit installed at the same time so any experience of similar would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have added a few Pictures of my low-tech Ipad holders. They are Dockem wall Mounts With a couple of mods. http://www.dockem.com/Koala-iPad-Wall-Mount-p/20006.htm Firstly, I added a piece of rubber to compensate for the curve on the seat backs. I also added a angeled piece of metal that is pushed in between the panels on the seat back which takes the weight of the Ipad. (Double sided tape only is not enough.)

Attachments

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have added a few Pictures of my low-tech Ipad holders. They are Dockem wall Mounts With a couple of mods. http://www.dockem.com/Koala-iPad-Wall-Mount-p/20006.htm Firstly, I added a piece of rubber to compensate for the curve on the seat backs. I also added a angeled piece of metal that is pushed in between the panels on the seat back which takes the weight of the Ipad. (Double sided tape only is not enough.)
Thanks - that could work. How did you attach the mounts to the seat backs ?

·
Registered
96 Posts
In the last Picture you can see the picece of rubber that is glued on the back side of the Mount, You can also see the thin double sided tape between the seat back and the rubber. What you can't see from the Picture is the piece of thin and strong metal that is sandwiched between the tape and rubber. This is a few cm longer than the rubber and bent 90 degrees and squeezed in between the panels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts