RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else think the design of the rear headrests in the 2013 RRS Lux is awful? They protrude out way too far. My daughter is getting taller and her booster back wasn't able to go up high enough under the headrest (with headrest fully extended). We removed the back of the booster and her head is pushed too far forward when the headrest is in place, in the lowest and highest position. Does anyone else have this issue and if so have you resolved it? Are there different headrests available to replace these? Matching the interior would be difficult though. Thanks

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
On my LR4 (not sure if the design is the same though) I removed the headrests so that the car seats for my little ones could lay properly against the seat backs. Sounds like you may need to do the same, just leave the booster back in place and remove the head rests.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
1,382 Posts
I agree. Remove the headrest and replace the booster back

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses. Believe it or not, you have to fold the seat forward to fully remove the headrest otherwise it hits the roof and can't come out. This is what mine look like: http://www.larotech.org/about-208.html
Removing them solves this problem but it is not a good solution if you have adults sitting back there every so often. It's not convenient to keep taking the headrest on and off, and very unsafe if it not installed with an adult sitting there (possibly accidentally leave it in the garage, etc).

·
SUPER MODERATOR
2010-2012 Range Rover Sport
1,986 Posts
will the front headrest fit the second row? if it does, I have a set of oem take-offs when they replaced my oem headrests with the rosen dvd.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,986 Posts
Hmmm, good question. Id have to try and see if the fronts fit. Yours wouldn't happen to be white would they?
let me check the official color but it is beige or lighter. definitely not white.

Attachments

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,986 Posts
no problem. keeping it just in case i buy another one with that color seats.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I made the mistake of letting someone else drive my car and I had to sit in the back - a most uncomfortable experience - with the headrests down they stick into your back and it takes ages to get the head restraints to go right up so they don't stick into your back - an extremely poor design - thankfully the drivers seat is the opposite and really comfortable.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
11,013 Posts
Try spraying a little lithium grease or something similar (that doesn't smell like WD40, hopefully...) on those metal posts, it makes a world of difference. I also used to cuss at those suckers while trying to lift them with all my upper body strength, until someone on the forum suggested lightly lubing those posts.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,986 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
192 Posts
I agree that they are too thick and I have the same problem. My older daughter is now old enough to just have the booster seat with no back. The seat needs to have the headrest in place, but it's just too thick. The rear headrests on my former 2011 RRS were not as thick - I don't know if they changed the design from 2011 to 2012 or if the difference is the Lux interior (my 2011 was a straight HSE; the 2012 is a Lux).

I also agree that it's really hard to adjust and uninstall them. I partially fold the seat down and give them a good whack! It should not be that hard.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts