RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My rear hatch has a pretty annoying rattle that I can't seem to fix. It sounds like it isn't closing tightly. I've turned the little rubber adjustment bumpers to the point that neither the tailgate or the rear glass are aligned properly, but it doesn't seem to do much at all. Any suggestions? Is this a common problem? I'm stumped!

·
Registered
50 Posts
I have a similar problem. After three visits to the dealer, it still isn't fixed. Mine is a tinging noise coming from the rear hatch over light to moderate bumps in the road. It's not the typical plastic on plastic rattle. The dealer thinks it may be coming from the rear spoiler, but their last attempt to fix it only worked for a few days. Other people have had success with the velcro trick and by adding a rubber pad to the latch piece of the main lift gate. The dealer did not have any success with either fix on my car. I'm planning to take my car back soon, and I'll keep you updated if they can fix it.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
11,013 Posts
Tailgate support TSB (if the rattle appears to originate from the upper portion of the tailgate):[attachment=0:2sbv4y8v]LS-501-013.pdf[/attachment:2sbv4y8v]

That's a bear of a job, 5+ hours.

Attachments

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
umbertob said:
That's a bear of a job, 5+ hours.
WOW, I think you are understating that one. What a nightmare proceedure for a rattle. At least with the new plates things will be a bit stronger back there.

·
Premium Member
5,175 Posts
Reading those instructions made me think of this...

·
SUPER MODERATOR
4,461 Posts
Goose...do you really watch that show? They make me cringe every time I see that dump of a garage.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I asked my dealer to look at it, and they said they did, but it did nothing. Maybe I will bring up the TSB. That does seem like a LOT of work for a rattle!

·
Administrator
27,802 Posts
It may seem like alot of work for a rattle but if that ball work loose enough to pull out and makes a mess of your tailgate you'll be wishing you had it done. It's free of charge and you are only without the rig for a day.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
rrtoadhall said:
It may seem like alot of work for a rattle but if that ball work loose enough to pull out and makes a mess of your tailgate you'll be wishing you had it done. It's free of charge and you are only without the rig for a day.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I don't care how many hours they spend on it if it's free! I'll call on it Monday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts