RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Can someone tell me how to dismantle this switch? The switch is not contacting properly and sometimes I couldn't open the rear doors. With the help from this forum, went in through rear seats and got the connector . It worked with a simple paper clip connected. Now I need to get to the inards of the switch before I buy a new/used one.

rgds

·
Registered
176 Posts
Are you to the connector itself and do you have the rear tailgate torn down and exposed so that you can see the sheet metal? Once you get to that point you can remove the innards of the switch by squeezing in on two clips and pulling up on the internals - it is spring loaded - you should be able to see if everything is contacting properly.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are you to the connector itself and do you have the rear tailgate torn down and exposed so that you can see the sheet metal? Once you get to that point you can remove the innards of the switch by squeezing in on two clips and pulling up on the internals - it is spring loaded - you should be able to see if everything is contacting properly.
Yes. I've put a paper clip in the wire plug & it works. Let me take the switch out & see.

thanks

1 - 4 of 4 Posts