RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've had a search but cant find info on where the antenna that plugs into the factory fitted digital TV module is located. I get quite bad reception lately and its not scanning as many channels as it used too. i`m wondering if there is an issue with the coax or the antenna itself. I read that the radio antenna is in one of the rear side windows and the opposite side window has an antenna for the remote key-fob so maybe its in the GPS fin on the roof ??

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
The roof antenna (SDAR) is for the Satellite Radio, GPS and the Telephone. There are 4 Television antennas installed, 2 in each of the rear side windows. There are 3 antennas in each of the larger rear side window glass the two for the TV system and 1 for the radio, and there are two radio antennas in the rear upper tailgate glass. Each TV antenna is connected to an amplifier located right below the window glass and each amplifier is connected to the TV tuner module on the left side of the rear cargo compartment below the middle of the side glass panel by a coaxial cable. The remote key FOB communicates with the car over 315 mhz, or 433 mhz radio signals to an antenna in incorporated into the rear window defroster grid wiring in the upper rear tail gate in most of the world, in Japan there is an IR receiver on the bottom of the windshield rear view mirror that communicates with the key FOBs. The actual receiver for the rear window antenna is under the headliner right at the back edge of the roof in the center, between the spoiler and the roof SDAR antenna.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Mark C, excellent info as always ! i will check each of the antenna amps for corrosion on connectors and wire breaks. its definitly a worse reception now then before so must be an issue with one of those items. i`ll take a few pictures of the amps and connections as i check, in case anyone is interested to see them.

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
We don't get the TV option here in the States (Just like the UK and the rest of the world don't get the Satellite radio option), but I do have the amplifiers for it in my truck. I've only seen one of them (forward one on the left side of the rear storage area) and I think I had to pull the interior trim panel off to get at it. I was adding the sliding luggage net to mine and had to attach the support brackets so I had to pull that one panel back to get in there. As best I can remember they weren't attached to anything except the window, and I know the TV module comes up as not installed in SDD.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts