RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 RR has the rear media screens in the headrest. I can't seem to get the screens to sync when watching a dvd or usb media.
When watching dvd it only plays on 1 rear screen at a time. When watching from usb, both screens play the content but not in sync, and the audio through the headphones both play sound from only one of the screens. My 2014 rear media has a "sync" button but there isn't one in the 2018. Anyone have this issue?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have the same issue on my 2017 RRS HSE Dynamic DVD. Can't get em to sync, and I'm always finding myself racing against time trying to manually sync the videos so my kids don't drive me nuts!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I never tried the DVD but I am confused how it would be out of sync on a 2018. Both screens show the same source if you tell them to. I don't understand how it can be out of sync unless it is just lagging..When we play from hdmi they are always synced.

Are you using one USB or two?

·
Registered
53 Posts
I have same question in mine MY2018. Unfortunately I believe that it’s not possible to sync the screen with the same movie. I believe that they forgot that button when they created the fantastic JLR Outofcontrolsystem. Would be happy if I am wrong.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I am playing the movies from an USB stick and it seems like that it’s not possible to play the same movie on both screens simultaneous... It’s possible to start up the same movie on the two screens one by one but not in sync mode.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
I am playing the movies from an USB stick and it seems like that it’s not possible to play the same movie on both screens simultaneous... It’s possible to start up the same movie on the two screens one by one but not in sync mode.
I created a usb stick to test, and I see your point. There is no way to tell it to play the same thing on the other screen, the other screen will always create a new instance if you try to play the same file. I tried importing to media library as well, and you still can't sync. This doesn't happen with HDMI or DVD, I use an Nvidia shield through hdmi and it works perfectly. I would recommend getting an android box or roku and playing the files through them.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If I play DVDs in my Range Rover, both screens play simultaneously an are in sync. But yes, when using USB stick, no sync. I've tried asking the dealership but they don't seem to understand the problem or have even determined it is a problem. If anyone ever comes up with a solution, please share. Thx.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts