RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there.

I have a 2013 Rover HSE with a rear entertainment/dvd system. When I use the rear seat USB port for my child to watch movies from a USB stick, the screens will very momentarily pause every 5-10 seconds. The movies play fine otherwise but there is a constant pause.

The glitch does not happen when using a dvd.

Also, if I plug the USB stick in to the front USB slot (for the front seats) there is no glitch at all. Sooo, this seems to indicate maybe something is loose in the rear USB slot.

Has anyone opened up the rear entertainment system to work on it? If so, could you offer some help as to level of difficulty and any suggestions?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2019-2021 Range Rover Sport
276 Posts
Did it ever happen before? Not to sure about that year but perhaps try a different USB stick. There is different spped ratings between the front ports and the back ports perhaps it is the slower data transfer rate od the rear port that is giving you the buffering problem.

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much for the reply. I tried two other USB sticks (one that is half the speed of the other two) and still get the same problem. All three sticks work on the front screen but all glitch on the rear screens.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts