RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
driving at slow speed (-35) i Hear a constant rumbling noise Dealer says it is my tires that are cupped .. they are no where near time for replacing

·
SUPER MODERATOR
27,672 Posts
cupping is from poor alignment not the age of the tires. Didn't you a four wheel alignment when the tires were new

·
Registered
66 Posts
driving at slow speed (-35) i Hear a constant rumbling noise Dealer says it is my tires that are cupped .. they are no where near time for replacing
I've had tired cup after a few thousand Km....
If you're still under warranty, I'd push to have the dealer do an alignment and replace the tires.

·
Registered
159 Posts
You might consider rotating the tires so that they rotate in the other direction. Be sure that the tires can be rotated in this manner, but typically, cross rotation will accomplish this. Left front to right rear, right front to left rear, etc. The reversed rotation will likely cure the noise, and the reversed direction will reverse the wear. Though alignment MAY cure the problem, the source is typically the cornering with the tires. Depending on how they flex on the wheels, aggressive tread patterns typically get noisier when cornered, without rotation. While working at both Goodyear, and Firestone, I have recommended cross rotation to either prevent noise or alleviate it. Ray

1 - 5 of 5 Posts