RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case it helps - I have just installed a set of rear drawers from global industrial Osborne Park - these are listed as prado drawers with a 915mm top, 1000mm width and branded paramount industrial products. Cost without wings was 330 AUD for two drawers with a fridge slide. These are cheap and cannot rival Drifta and others but for my purposes are perfect. They look identical to titan / emu-x and others of this size and price bracket.

I have used stainless hooks, turnbuckles and m10 eye bolts in the tie down points for mounting to enable me to remove them quickly if I need to. The hooks go through the side of the drawer frame. If I have a bump the drawers are unlikely to move as the are hard against the seat back and tailgate. But they are tied down to be safe and not bounce around on corrugations.

I have kept the false floor covering the spare for now but if I remove it, or even cut an access hole I could access this area by sliding both the left drawer and fridge slide forward. The drawers fit perfect from seat back to boot lid and between the tie down points. This was my biggest concern as I thought the slope of the rear seat when fitted would make the distance at the slide too short for the drawers. I have the cd/sub on the rear and can’t access the CD as I only have around 30mm that side. On the right I have left this space free and a second battery would fit easy. For 50 bucks I didn’t see the value in the wing kit as there is so little space to fill in. I will probably lift the rear of the drawers with some packing to clear the boot lip a bit better.

·
Banned
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
42 Posts
TY for this info. Was shopping for some & came across same issues re depth. Any chance you can post some pics? Or pm me your email & I'll send you mine. TY!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I will try and post some pics but the measurements are
Top (fridge slide) front to back is 915mm this is longer than the base and sits proud of drawers handle.
Width is 1000mm and height is 280mm. Internal width of each drawer is 390mm.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMG_7012.jpg
IMG_7010.jpg
IMG_7011.jpg
IMG_7009.jpg
IMG_7008.jpg
IMG_7007.jpg

The thing on top is my tow bar bike rack mount for my ebike - got it ratchet strapped down to the same m10 stainless eye bolts that the drawers are turnbuckled to.

·
Banned
42 Posts
TY!. Was hoping for a plug-n-play set that covered the entire rear floor, but search goes on.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If you’re after that then Drifta are probably the best bet as they can do custom - out of my price range tho for this car.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Nice looking install. I custom built mine with internal LED lighting. I’ll snap a few pictures for comparison and post later tommorow night.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts