Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When ever I wash my car or it rains water collects in the rear drivers side door frame. When I open the door the trapped water falls on my shoes!

I have checked the seals and they all look ok.

Any one else got a similar problem?

When a BMW driving friend saw it happen he was horrified, I told him it was all part of the character of a Land Rover, he's since bought a Defender for his wife!

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I have been searching before posting and could nt find anything other than references to rusting sills and opening doors after washing.

·
Registered
L322 - 2005, 2006 na, 2012 sc
413 Posts
Michael, you are resurrecting an 11yr old thread...

There are threads on this site if you search along with solutions. Problem is none of the old hyper links work with the new site so you have to search.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Ha, I always thought it was a feature, not a bug. Anyone happens to have saved the bulletin discussing door adjustments for this?

·
Registered
2 Posts
It’s definitely the vapor barriers behind the door panel. Google vapor barriers and E39 5 series in google and you’ll see lots of information. You need to get a new vapor barrier and bind it to the door with butyl. It’s failed along the bottom allowing water to collect in the door sill when it rains.

·
LIFETIME CONTRIBUTOR
5,668 Posts
I have that problem, too. I checked the barrier (aka water shedder) but couldn't find anything wrong.

·
Registered
L322 - 2005, 2006 na, 2012 sc
413 Posts
I also have the problem with my rear passenger door and the alignment looks spot on... If it's collecting in the door, that's worrisome for corrosion as I believe the inside of the door is steel while the outer skin is aluminium - Can anyone confirm? If it is indeed steel, maybe I will soak it in wd40 and then apply a cavity wax to prevent it from rusting

1 - 10 of 10 Posts