RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover Sport
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Recently I started getting the two beeps when locking the car, and when checking found that the left rear door wasn't actually locking.
Have since then bought and changed the rear door latch(new part), which didn't solve my problem. I then got hold of a used locking motor/actuator, figuring this must be the culprit, but that didn't help either..
There are no fault codes in the GAP tool(there never was), only warning is the beep when locking.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what this could be?
I know it could be the used part I installed, but I figure that is a long-shot since the part was supposedly guaranteed working.

All help very appreciated.

Sean

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I'm mixing up my terminology here, but when you say door actuator, do you mean the part that contains the mechanical door latch mechanism? If so then this is the new part I have changed. The other part I was referring to is also connected by cable to this part. Some of is probably to do with the soft close feature, but not sure which does what.
Could it be the parts need activating?

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
649 Posts
It was not the latch. That was fine. I believe that the dealer changed out the other part that you circled. I will review the invoice and see if I can provide you with part number. And you are right, I do have the soft close doors.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That would be great!(y)

·
Registered
2013-2015 Range Rover MkIV / L405
649 Posts
They installed a new wiring harness from the passenger front door module to the passenger rear door module and replaced a passenger side front door harness. Part number is LR046804. The wiring was corroded in front door harness. Cost of repairs was $1387.

I hope that this is helpful.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They installed a new wiring harness from the passenger front door module to the passenger rear door module and replaced a passenger side front door harness. Part number is LR046804. The wiring was corroded in front door harness. Cost of repairs was $1387.

I hope that this is helpful.
Yes, thanks.
So they didn't actually change any of the door components, just the wiring? I will have to investigate to see if I can find a wiring fault then.
What really annoys me is that this fault doesn't throw any codes, only the two beeps when locking. With all the technology in these vehicles you would think it would at least give you a clue as to where the fault is.

Cheers

1 - 7 of 7 Posts