RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise refill volume for rear ETM diffs AJV8 2006 the manual says volume for this diff is 1.55 ltrs and do not allow fill to overflow from fill hole. My diiff has only done 90k and has no leaks but I have emptied the diff and only got 1.25ltrs Sooo -- I am not sure whether its ok to refill with 1.55 ltrs in case there is some oil still in the diff. Has anyone done their diff and knows what the go is.

My concerns arose when I checked the manual to change oil in front diff its says the diff holds 800ml and only refill with 750 ml so I gather the rear diff will have some equivalent guidance - but not in the manual unfortunately.

Help please
Bruce

·
Registered
2002-2005 Range Rover MkIII / L322
309 Posts
Remove top plug, remove bottom plug, drain existing oil. Clean both drain plugs, replace copper crush washers, reinstall bottom plug, torque to spec. Fill with 75w-90 via the top fill hole, reinstall the top drain plug once the fluid starts to come out. Torque to spec, clean up the area with brake/parts cleaner and you’re all set! No need to overthink it, it’s a rather simple procedure.
Good luck!

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks. My model 2006 AJV8 has the electronic diff at the rear and is different to the previous models which have "open" diffs and use different oil and volume (abut 400ml less for a dry fill). The e diff requires castrol carbon mod oil and not the 75w-90 oil. i dont know if anyone who has put 75w-90 oil in an e diff and the specs are specific hence my concern. therefore i am OK with the oil specs, but i am concerned about what volume to add back so as not fill to the overflow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts