RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2006-2009 Range Rover MkIII / L322
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2007 HSE. My rear camera was pretty fuzzy and in low light the picture became reddish and really reaaly fuzzy. Plus, when I take it out of reverse, the camera stays on for a while.

I assumed it was a bad camera and I replaced it with a new factory camera. The picture is still not really good and the camera stays on after I move out of reverse. I do not know what it looks like in low light yet, but will try it tonight.

The screen is sharp in nav, etc so I assume it is something between the camera and the screen. Does anyone really know this system well? What sits in the middle that I could take a look at. All of the other threads I looked at focus on the camera and that was the most likely suspect but in my case the bad camera threads don't help

Thanks

·
Registered
1,165 Posts
Staying on in forward for about 10 seconds is normal, they all do that. The 06 to 09 Cameras suck they are fuzzy and almost useless in the dark (pitch dark), no real low light capability thats just the way they are to. The 10 and up cameras are better, but alot of us just replace the guts of the rear view housing with a Chinese rear view bullet camera, much better resolution and way cheaper.

·
Registered
1995-2002 Range Rover P38A
669 Posts
And I thought it was just me.

Sent from my iPhone X

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, shoot. I didn't think a picture could be that bad and be normal. Sometimes lines on the screen etc, and the low light picture is still bad. Just black and red blotches sometimes.

And the camera is not cheap. Its just robbery when you consider that it is garbage.

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Well, shoot. I didn't think a picture could be that bad and be normal. Sometimes lines on the screen etc, and the low light picture is still bad. Just black and red blotches sometimes.

And the camera is not cheap. Its just robbery when you consider that it is garbage.
Lines in the screen and that red tint (unless backing up at night brakes lights cause the red) they're known to have an issue with the multiplug failing/corrosion. Mine did this... Lines, monochrome color/sometimes red intermittent cut out. Removed the camera, cut the plug off it, soldered all of the wires into the leads on the camera, then silicone' over the whole board. Refit. The quality isn't good, but it shouldn't be horrific.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts