Range Rovers Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All

- I have a squeak (and the odd clunk) from the rear suspension and dealer tells me its the well posted rear bushes - dealer wants $750 all in to replace one side - sounds high to me? - what do you all think - also if I decide to delay whats the downside as I can live with a squeak while I put my pennies away to get it repaired.

Thanks for your help

·
Premium Member
2006-2009 Range Rover Sport
5,175 Posts
You can go for quite a while this way. $750 sounds quite high for one side of the vehicle, but you are in the metro NY area /:(

If you mark the oval camber bolt properly before removing it(I think this has one), I'm not sure you need the alignment redone. But maybe the price includes alignment?

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
how many miles so you have on your vehicle that it needs these bushings.

Does anyone know if there is a recommended mileage to replace them, or how to inspect them other than a squeaky noise?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Its got 53k on it - the dealer charged me $50 to tell me it was the bushes.... - I've got a CPO but this will be wear and tear - there is a clunk with the squeak so listen out for that too

·
Premium Member
1,266 Posts
My rear bushes may be bad. Got a light screeching noise when I made left turns, able to replicate it when I push down on the passenger side rear bumper. Is it hard to replace this bushing, the instructions I have a ridiculous - calls for lifting off the body. Planned on doing the front bushings next week, but might as well do the rears as well now - if that is really the cause - will have to check further tomorow during the day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts