RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The left rear caliper seems to have stuck and I've ruined a rotor. Trying to do a shopping list but the mind isn't working too well today. A rotor (or should I replace both of them?), pads, a bearing set for the one I am replacing (replaced both rotors and bearings the last time I did the brakes), a grease seal on the side that is having the rotor replaced and the "joint washer"? I think I am missing something but I can't think of it. Not positive I replaced both rotors last time. Getting old (and not having the note book I keep in the beast with me) sucks!

·
Administrator
27,820 Posts
If things got hot enough to burn out a new bearing I'd be bleeding new new brake fluid into the old girl.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was taking something out of the dryer...thinking I need to fire the tractor up to do some work and it hit me...I don't need to change or replace the bearings...told you my mind was going. Not sure what I was thinking of? I've got to replace the front cylinders on a 67 Galaxie so maybe I'm got bearings (have to repack those) on the mind?

By the time I finish my usual messy job at bleeding the brakes I think I flush a lot of fresh fluid through things. Thanks for the post, it confirmed what I was thinking.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts