RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
please could anybody give me help or advice i have got a rear brake pipe leaking i have looked under the car the pipes go up the back off the arches is there a easy way to do this or is it as bad as it looks thanks

·
Premium Member
1,036 Posts
Pay someone else to do it ! Its a horrible job,I have two of them to do this week - really not looking forward to it.
I remove the EAS tank and use an inline barrel joiner to make the pipes up in two halves.I leave the fuel tank in place but I'm very careful to ensure the new pipes go back in the original clips and dont chafe anywhere - the copper/nickel pipe is good for corrosion resistance but will rub through and leak on just about anything given the chance.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I did ours the other day, it looked worse than it was, but it certainly wasn't fun.

I just put the suspension up all the way, then removed the arch liners to give more room. Then unclip the old one and remove and feed the new one in, having a helper makes it a lot easier to feed in. I did it in a single length. It was a bit fiddly in places, check RAVE as well as there is a special bleeding procedure.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks agian all this is help i have not got rave can anyone tell me the bleeding can anyone tell me if both ns and os brake pipes go down the os or if they go up each side cheers lads u are a god send :dance: :dance:

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what a day u where right boys it is a pain but not as bad as i thought one good thing my mate had his own flaring tool u have to take the rear inner plastic arches out but the join for the brake pipes on mine are under the front drivers side arch not behind the air tank dont let the air bags go past the ride hieght sensers like i did had to have the eas reset but u learn thanks for u're help

1 - 6 of 6 Posts