RangeRovers.net Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this Range Rover truck experience. Just acquired a 1999 4.6 HSE, and all of a sudden, today, the rear brake lights came on and will not go off. I understand there is a sensor under the pedal that is prone to failure, but could there be any other causes for this? The brakes seem to work fine otherwise.
Any thoughts would be most appreciated. Thanks much.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I have just had this on a P38, first changed the switch ,did not cure the problem, tested the becm this was ok,it turned out to be some melted wiring inside the tailgate,took some time finding it ! `)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks kev...I'll check it out. One more thing I forgot to mention: I had the battery disconnected the previous day. Wondering if that possibly faulted something. Going to check the BeCM this weekend.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I've had this happen with my front indicators in my 1994 HSE.

It is caused by a slightly low battery voltage - the BCM is very sensitive.

Run through the electrical sticky. If the sticky says you 12.5 volts, 12.4 is NOT acceptable you NEED 12.5 volts.

Disconnecting the battery again and charging it right up (after you've fixed your voltage drop problem as in the sticky) may fix it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Re: Rear Brake Lights Continuous ON-UPDATE

Replaced the brake light switch. Took about 10 minutes. Brake lights are working fine now, although ABS/TC lights still on. Will try to reset those faults in the next day or two.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts